Built in 1940 for Dr. Ralph Ball, 428 Houston Street was once one of the many medical offices downtown. Built with the streamlined, simplistic lines popularized in the late Art Deco style, it features the strong lines and a mix of blond and red brickwork that give it a distinctive style.
Downtown Dental Group’s 2013 addition to the building remained true to the original Art Deco spirit, incorporating more traditional Deco flourishes like herringbone brickwork and the clean chrome marquee, and its interior was refurbished to better represent the style. The work earned Downtown Dental Group a 2013 Historic Preservation Building Award from the Manhattan/Riley County Preservation Alliance.
Downtown Dental Group is proud to contribute to the legacy of our historic building. Learn about our practice and its goals here.